As the world reckons with an indefinite period of social distancing, people have started utilising their time on social media platforms. One of the most trending social media platforms that have been in the light is TikTok. With 800+ million users around, TikTok has become the fastest-growing channel that allows users to post creative videos that no other platform can offer. Especially now, TikTok has become a platform where people find comfort and entertainment at the same time.
Brand marketers are intrigued by TikTok’s growth and are wondering whether they can use it to promote their brand’s product or services. Besides TikTok’s appeal to the younger demographic, the platform also provides a growing range of ad options and has been actively taking measures to educate its users on best practices for staying safe during the COVID-19 pandemic.
If you are thinking to add TikTok marketing into your digital marketing mix during the Coronavirus scenario, we have put together a marketer’s guide to TikTok Strategy. Reach out to The Marcom Avenue, one of the best performance marketing agencies in Gurgaon which will help you create the best strategy for your brand:
How Brands and Marketers Leverage TikTok?
As the platform works differently than other social media platforms, using TikTok for marketing is simple and creative. Though some of the best marketing agencies in Gurgaon will help you achieve your goal. Here are the creative ways a brand can use the app for advertising:
- Creating a Profile: The cheapest way to get involved in TikTok marketing is by creating a profile, producing content, and building an audience. There has been a fine art to making TikTok videos that does not only promote the brand, build the brand, attract viewers and promote the influencers (if used influencer marketing) and build their credibility.
- Paying for Official TikTok Ads: When it comes to promoting on digital marketing platforms, you need to pay for the campaign to generate high quality traffic and engagement. Paid Ads come in several forms:
- a) Pre-roll ads: Videos that start as soon as users open the app.
- b)In-feed ads: Videos that appear as users scroll.
- c) Promoted hashtag challenges: Videos encouraging user submissions using a custom hashtag.
- d) Branded effects: A custom effect filter for creators to use in videos – similar to those on Snapchat and Instagram but featuring brand-specific information.
- Working with Influencers: If you work with relevant TikTok influencers to promote your product, it will take your brand to the next level without having a perfect content marketing strategy in place. Hire the best influencer marketing agency in Gurgaon.As TikTok has started to give an option to include URLs in the videos, it has become easy to drive the traffic to the websites from these videos. You can also promote by influencers linking your product in their bio or video comment section.
- Shoppable Videos on TikTok: TikTok is equipped with shoppable videos which allows users to post videos that are attached to a URL to their TikTok advertising video so that users could be taken to their store with a single tap.
No matter which of the options for advertising on TikTok appeals to you, you’ll still need a relevant and clever ad to make an impact. The majority of users are the millennials and they do not like the content which goes over. Therefore, the best way to advertise is to make use of the unique features. To get more engagement you could share your videos on other social media platforms. Reach out to the best social media marketing services in Delhi NCR.
Advertising on TikTok During the Pandemic
Let’s checkout some of the tips and ideas for marketing on TikTok:
- Create Out of the Box Videos and Be Authentic: We live in a world where consumers are becoming increasingly sceptical of ads; oftentimes, they are completely unresponsive. But the raw and unedited videos on TikTok can be an awesome way to showcase people using your brand throughout their everyday lives. This can bring a sense of relatability to your brand.
- Go Boom with the #Hashtag Challenges: A hashtag challenge is when a specific task is set out by one user and other TikTok users are encouraged to try it and post the result using the associated hashtag. When brands pay for hashtag challenges, their hashtags are promoted for a few days and are usually accompanied by a microsite where users can purchase the brand’s products within TikTok.
- Play with the Sounds: TikTok also allows you to create, edit and reuse sounds to accompany videos. This could include snippets of songs, speeches, TV or movie dialogue, or random user commentary. Having a sound become popular on TikTok has catapulted some musicians into mega-stardom.Example: TikTok launched #GharBaithoIndia Campaign under which many users, famous celebrities made videos of how they are spending the time at their homes. They sang songs, acted on many dialogues, spread the information and motivated people to stay home to stay safe.
- Dance Challenges: TikTok also provides its users a platform to showcase their dancing skills, and allow challenging other people. These are spread when one creator dances to a specific song and others recreate it. The dance itself may be elaborate, or it might be recreated in an elaborate way or both.Example: During the lockdown period in India, people used TikTok to show their dancing skills, motivating people to stay home and stay fit by working out at home only. One of the famous example is: #ohnanachallenge on which people danced to foot tapping steps. Bollywood celebs such as Shilpa Shetty took it to TikTok to show her fans how they can stay fit while staying at home. The actress also uploads entertaining and funny videos with her husband.
- Duets and Effects: TikTok has a wide range of filters and special effects that users can feature in their videos. Duets are a popular style, allowing users to take one video and record a companion video to go with it. Duets are often used when other users try to replicate something the original TikTok user has done, such as cooking or crafting.
- Create Step-by-Step Instructional Videos: If your brand or product requires step by step instruction to set it up, for example- cooking, TikTok offers to produce instructional videos also. A step-by-step tutorial can be an amazing way to also connect with your customers after the point of purchase. Hire the best video production company in Delhi NCR.
- Supporting the Communities: As the global pandemic spreads, people will expect support from your brand. You can offer support through TikTok by providing access to accurate information to serve the health and well-being of our community. As your brand might have created a great community, but it is important to help the community by coming together as one. Example: TikTok has partnered with UNDP India and launched #GharBaithoIndia, a series of fun and educational live programs with a goal of sharing in a bit of levity, providing users some comfort, and embracing the responsibility we all have to do the right thing by staying inside and stopping the spread.
- Educating the Community in Need: As schools across the country are closed because of COVID-19, one of the greatest challenges faced by many parents is how to feed their children. Millions of students, teachers and families depend on school resources for more than learning. Through TikTok you could help the customers by educating and contributing to the community. Reach out to some of the top creative video agencies in India.
These are some of tips and ideas that will help in advertising during the times of pandemic. As TikTok is such a place of creativity, the sky’s the limit when it comes to TikTok marketing. There are numerous ways to try out the video marketing platform. But try to hold on as the world is going through a downtime now, so do not expect anything.
Reach out to The Marcom Avenue, one of the best integrated and marketing communication agencies in Gurgaon which will help you in making the best strategy for your brand.