Do you know how much time does a person takes to decide whether to stay on a website or not? Some studies suggest that a visitor only takes 50 milliseconds to decide if they want to further scroll through the website or not. Yes, you read that right. So, what do you think about your website? Do you think that your website is good enough for your visitors to stay on it? If not, then here we are sharing the 5 usability principles to make visitors stick to your website:
● F-pattern Layout: The F-pattern is a simple layout that describes the most common user’s eye-scanning patterns. According to the F-pattern layout, the users first read in the horizontal movement across the upper part of the content which forms the F’s top bar. Next, they move down a bit and read across in the second horizontal movement that forms the F’s lower bar. Finally, they scan the content’s left side in a vertical movement that forms the F’s stem. Hence it is important to design the web pages in this layout to grab your viewer’s attention.
● Visual Hierarchy: As you design the layout and visual appearance of the website, some of the principles you should keep in mind, firstly, use images to draw attention to important page elements that illustrate key messages. Next, make sure you use the white space on a web page because the white space is as important as visuals to guide the user’s eye and highlight the key information.
● SEO-Friendly: The designing of an SEO friendly website includes many aspects such as low page load time, attractive call-to-action, unique content, relevant keywords, optimized graphics, and much more. The importance of SEO friendly website cannot be underestimated when it comes to organic revenue growth. It also improves your visibility in search engine result page.
● User Experience: The first thing a user looks for after landing on a new page is the navigation menu. Having a clear navigation structure for your website is one of the most important things you can do to provide a good user experience.
● Responsiveness: Most of the web traffic, nowadays, comes from mobile devices hence a responsive web design allows a web page to load and format correctly on all the devices. A responsive web design should include simple menus and a one-click contact button in your header.
If you are looking to create a user-friendly design for your website, we have got you covered. The Marcom Avenue is an integrated marketing and communication agency with a highly experienced in-house team. Being a global agency, we provide an all-encompassing marketing experience, from digital branding, experiential, PR and advertisement to tech development and film production.