As the coronavirus pandemic spreads in different parts of the world, affecting millions, many countries have gone under a major lockdown to prevent the further spread of the disease. As the Governments of every country have asked its people to stay home, adopt the strategies of self-isolation and social distancing, the only way left out to communicate with people is through social media platforms around us.
Social media platforms are leaving no stone unturned to keep people informed about the outbreak, symptoms, number of cases, treatment, safety measures and helpline numbers. They are developing the best possible brand communication strategies to spread some positivity and correct information amongst the community.
Brands are utilising the power of Instagram in many creative ways to show how they are contributing to humanity. Here are the brands that have leveraged the power of social media optimization services that have communicated their efforts to respond to the COVID-19 pandemic.
KFC managed to keep their audience entertained and engaged amid the outbreak. Before the lockdown was announced, the food joint was releasing various initiatives that they took to maintain the health and hygiene of their staff and restaurant. After the PM announced the 21-Day lockdown, the platform started to engage users on Instagram through puzzles and games to overcome their boredom as they stay in their homes. They are adopting the best possible social media optimization services to stay in touch with their followers.
McDonald’s is the most preferred food and beverage brand among Indians. Before lockdown, the food joint spread information through various informative posts like using gloves, using fresh produce to make the clean food and introducing contactless deliveries. After the lockdown, they engaged with their followers through posts which promoted the idea of staying home and encouraged the idea of social distancing. They have also separated their logo and taglines to promote it.
Swiggy is the largest food delivery platform in India. Swiggy took an initiative to train their delivery staff to provide its customers the best practices through Coronavirus outbreak- trained them in- respiratory and physical hygiene, proper and frequent hand washing and identification of associated symptoms. They also promoted hygiene through sanitizers and water multiple times a day, importance of work from home and contactless deliveries through their creative posts.
Ola have contributed to the situation by spreading the information and ensuring that their followers keep up with their hygiene. They also posted a series of posts to encourage their driver-partners as they get you home safely with the #HeroesofOla.
Social Offline is a space in Hauz Khas Village that blends your work and play. It provides you with the environment for both office and café. Initially, they created posts to spread awareness and what measures they are taking to ensure proper hygiene. Later, they posted a series of graphics to keep their audience engaged and entertained on Instagram.
These are examples of some brands that have used Instagram to deliver the safety message while marketing, which shows a sense of care. With the best social media optimization services in place, top digital marketing agencies in Gurgaon can grab a large share of the market during the worst pandemic situation.
How Instagram is Utilizing the Worst Pandemic Situation?
As many countries have ordered lockdown, Instagram is proving to be a really good engagement platform for the organisations and users. Instagram has launched new features to make the experience of Instagram better amid lockdown:
- Included more educational resources in Instagram Search
- Added stickers to promote accurate information
- Removed fake COVID-19 accounts from recommendations
- Encouraged people to donate by rolling out the donation sticker in more countries and helping people find relevant non-profits to support
- Creating a shared story to help those practising social distancing connect with others, using a “Stay Home” sticker
- Launched a new way to browse Instagram with friends over video chat
How Instagram is Helping and Entertaining the Users?
Apart from developing new features for the platform, the famous social media has also contributed to the following:
- Access to Accurate Information: Instagram is working hard to make access to accurate information to its users. When searched for the COVID-19, it will connect users to WHO and local health ministries.
- New Stickers: These stickers will help people in sharing accurate information about COVID-19 in Stories. These new features include reminders to wash your hands, distance yourself from others and more.
- Reduce the Spread of Misinformation: To reduce the panic among the communities, Instagram is constantly removing false claims and theories from the explore tab. The social media platform is constantly working to remove misleading ads for products that refer to COVID-19 in ways intended to create urgency, guarantee cures or prevent people from contracting it. They have temporarily banned advertisements and branded content that promote certain medical supplies, including face masks.
- “Stay Home” Sticker: can be used by anyone in their story. That story will be added to a shared Instagram story, allowing everybody to see how others are practising social distancing at this time.
Truly, Instagram is proving to be the best platform for sharing information and engaging users. The people of the world need to be more engaged and connected than be distant in the times of social distancing to ensure mental stability and health. With the efforts made by community leaders across Instagram, we are seeing a wave of positivity and improved mutual understanding.
So, as this is the best time to gain engagement for all kinds of brands, you can consult some of the best social media marketing agencies in Gurgaon to develop a best Instagram marketing strategy.