Ever wondered why the visitors are bouncing off of your site or why you are unable to drive more traffic or generate more sales? If the answer is yes, then you really need to reconsider your content marketing strategy because this implies that your website is not encouraging the visitors to stick around. To set yourself apart in this digital era, visual content plays a vital role. Whether it is an image, a video or an infographic, people prefer consuming information in visual form because it is more appealing.
Due to the increased adoption of internet access and oversaturated digital content, attention spans are shorter than ever which makes the content presented in the form of text very unpleasant. Therefore, visual content marketing is considered as one of the most popular digital marketing trends that can also be used in getting your marketing campaigns to stick and resonate with people.
Here, we are listing down different types of visual content that you can include in your content marketing strategy:
• Images: When you split your content into different paragraphs along with compelling images, people are more inclined to finish reading. Make sure you are using original and high-quality images as this adds a personal touch to your content. It is said that content with images gets 94% more views than those without images.
• Videos: Videos are a great way to showcase the audience about your products or services and how these products and services can be of great help for them. If you have a video on your landing page, it will surely increase conversions as it makes the audience stick to your website.
• Infographics: Infographics, as the term indicates is a combination of information and graphics. It is a great tool to collate your complex data and statistics into an easy visual display for the audience however the layout and design of the infographic should also be as impactful as possible.
• Screenshots: Screenshots can be a visual verification when it comes to supporting the claims you make in your content. With a screenshot, you can give your audience an in-depth explanation of the inner workings of the product or service you are offering.
• Presentations/ SlideShare: When somebody talks about presentations, one thing that comes to our mind is the boardroom. Though nowadays, you can share your presentations with the world via platforms like SlideShare which is an easy way to communicate with your audience.
• Memes: Memes are a piece of media that is accompanied by a concept or catchphrase. Though in the beginning, memes were only shared among millennials as a form of entertainment, presently these memes are taking over the marketing world. Like Netflix has its own sub-account named ‘Netflix is a Joke’ on their social platforms that are used specifically for meme-marketing. There are other top brands like Disney, Amazon Prime, and Durex that are also following this meme-culture to engage with their audience.
If you have any queries regarding content marketing strategy, feel free to contact us. The Marcom Avenue is an integrated marketing communications agency that provides SEO Services, content marketing services, website designing and developing and more.