The Challenge

OYO Hotels & Homes, a young hotel startup, today is the world’s leading chain of hotels, homes, and spaces. The portfolio combines fully operated real estate comprising more than 43,000 hotels with over 1 million rooms. OYO today operates in over 800 cities in 80 countries. Oyo recently launched “Spot On” a  segment that deals in properties that promise accommodation to fit every pocket.

From the start, Oyo set its sight on becoming the hotel chain with the greatest influence on social media, aiming to position itself among the top affordable accommodation providers in India that guarantees complete safety and privacy.

The Solution
  • We designed a concise social media strategy with the key goal in mind (awareness) that would engage audiences, showcasing the entirety of Spot On and promising a comfortable stay at an affordable price along with 24*7 customer support.
  • We established profiles across Instagram and Facebook for promoting the hotels showing rooms, restaurant and services. However, we also used social pages to repost guests’ pictures and thank them for their stay in the hotel.
  • We followed the 80/20 rule religiously, 80% of the time we encouraged page engagement by sharing relevant content about hotel destinations, travel tips, user-generated content, and being genuinely helpful in any way possible. The other 20% of the time we published hotel deals and promotions, positive reviews, etc.
  • Few campaigns that drove maximum engagement and virality factor on the page were #DesiTraveller - that talked about different types of traveller like Kanjoos, Aadat se majboor, Photographer traveller etc. and another was Valentine's day campaign in which we talked about all kinds of love like Forever wala Love, School wala Love, Unconventional wala Love etc, we also asked people to share pictures of their travel partners and the best 3 entries got special discount vouchers for stay and dining.
  • We centered all the paid campaigns around pocket friendly rooms, targeted a young generation of customers with an idea to increase footfalls into the hotels. On facebook, we ran multiple images campaigns, each carousel highlighting the benefits of Spot On properties.
  • We also used A/B testing for paid and organic campaigns, by different post types, posting different times of the day, using page post targeting to test different audiences. Also tested different sets of audience for paid social media campaigns.
The Solution
The Result

With the help of social media we were able to increase the engagement on the social pages.

Facebook likes increased by 62%

Instagram stories and IGTV helped increase the engagement by 47%

Hotel Booking improved by 80% within 2 months.

We Love to Build Brands

Give us a ring!

+91-965 096 7733



© The Marcom Avenue. All Rights Reserved