Reports claim that, “More than 80% of the online population has used the Internet to purchase goods and services at least once in their lives.” With such a huge online customer base, there are numerous e-commerce solutions like WooCommerce, Magento, Shopify and others which have been able to host the businesses to meet the needs of the customers and bring in great footfall.
All these platforms look almost similar from the outside, but each one of them have different characteristics and are suitable for different purposes depending on the user’s business needs.
So, before you pick the E-Commerce platform for your business, it is very important to understand how these platforms are different and which one can serve best for your business. Here is an in-depth comparison between these E-commerce performed by the best web designing company in Gurgaon:
Shopify is no doubt one of the most well-known platforms in the E-commerce sphere. This serves as a very easy tool to create your online store with several options to make sales online.
If you do not want to get stuck in technical issues, Shopify is an ideal platform choice for your business. But like every other platform, Shopify has its own pros and cons as enlisted below:
- The platform terminates the need for any technical knowledge and is a great support for the beginners.
- Provides several ways to make sales, including Facebook Integrations, POS system etc.
- You get access to free and paid responsive themes and an opportunity to customize your e-commerce store as per your need.
- It provides an efficient analytics system including PLUS Google Analytics integration.
- Shopify offers paid website development services, even though you get a 14 days free trial, but else you need to pay for its services.
- You cannot host your store on your own server, you can àlign your domain name but on Shopify’s servers only.
Magento is an advanced E-Commerce platform, owned by Adobe. This CMS (Content Management System) has been successfully serving the e-commerce giants like Jack Daniel’s, Nike, and Ford with millions of customers and thousands of daily operations.
And here are some Pros and Cons of hosting your online store on Magento:
- As per the top website development company in Gurgaon, Magento is the perfect Ecommerce platform for you, if your business has a high revenue with its high-functionality and technical support team.
- Magento offers great features such as coupons, discounts, newsletters, and Email templates. You also get amazing mobile features, and multi cross-selling options.
- This platform offers good server support, which is capable of handling more applications with multiple plugins.
- Magento is comparatively too expensive for most businesses. If you are just beginning your journey in the E-Commerce world, Magento may not be the best choice for you.
- In contrast to Shopify, an E-Commerce store hosted on Magento will require some technical expertise for its operations.
WooCommerce is so far the most popular E-Commerce platform hosting almost one third of the world’s ECommerce stores. This is certainly different from the other CMS, WooCommerce is a free plugin used on a WordPress website.
WordPress is so far the most used CMS platform with some high profile brands like NASA, Vogue, MTV News and many more hosting their website on the platform. Especially during these times of crisis, when the online market has witnessed a massive growth, there are thousands of businesses which are hosting their business website/ecommerce website on WordPress.
So, let us have a look at some advantages and disadvantages on this WooCommerce:
- The top web design companies in Delhi/NCR suggest that if you are already familiar with WordPress, WooCommerce will be the best choice for you.
- It is a free tool and is extremely simple to integrate and initiate your E-commerce store with.
- There is a huge community built around WooCommerce, contributing to make it even better, so you are assured that you will find your answers to any questions or issues which arise on the way.
- You cannot host a WooCommerce store without having a WordPress site, which can be a trouble for beginners.
- The free version may not have all the features, and you might have to pay for the whole functionality.
So, now you are ready to choose the best ECommerce platform which best fits your business requirement, keeping in mind the pros and con of all the ECommerce options.
It is always best to have support from experts, so I would suggest you to get in touch with the best web designing company in Delhi NCR, The Marcom Avenue, and get a customized E-Commerce platform designed for you which will skyrocket your sales and boost your business growth.