COVID-19, also known as Coronavirus, has impacted countries all around the world. With no cure in sight, social distancing is the only way out to limit the spread of the disease. As the disease has caused major widespread damage to the global business economy, a sweeping impact on business is being felt across the globe and all the signs indicate we will remain in this for a long haul. Basically, COVID-19 has forced people to stay in their homes which has changed consumer buying patterns.
As consumer’s lifestyles are adapting to staying at home, marketers must plan out brand communicating strategies through these sensitive times thoughtfully. Consult some of the top digital marketing companies in Gurgaon for tips & tricks to communicate with the audience in these sensitive times.
First, let’s check out some of the buying patterns of consumers in the crisis period.
- Panic Buying and stocking of essentials
- More people opting for home-cooked meals over restaurants and deliveries
- Lockdown has completely shut down the travel industry across the world
- Avoiding luxury shopping to save funds as businesses are failing and shutting down
- E-commerce has picked up the pace for essential items
Understanding the buyer psyche is imperative to brands to be able to analyze the crisis and re-adapt their marketing agendas. One can follow the below-mentioned check-points to plan a marketing strategy in these times:
- Predict Customer Needs
As social distancing can lead to stress, boredom, irritation, anxiety, it is important to identify individual consumer needs and address them creatively. For example, as schools and offices are closed, it has become difficult for parents to work from home and engage with their kids. Amazon through Amazon Prime is now offering stories to entertain, teach, and engage children. Amazon is also helping by offering the delivery of essential goods and items to the homes as the practice of social distancing goes on.
- Ensure Your Digital Presence
As people stay at home, the people are spending more time on OTT platforms for entertainment, social media for connecting to the outer world, e-commerce portals for shopping and many more. With the high usage of these platforms, the use of technology is already on the rise.Many brands like McDonald’s, Swiggy, Zomato, Amazon, Burger King and many more are adjusting their marketing budgets as consumers are engaging in more digital content during the pandemic. These brands are staying in touch with their audience by posting regularly by ensuring the quality standards of various products or services. Hire the best social media marketing agency in Gurgaon to ensure your digital presence over all platforms and stay connected with your audience.
- Enhance the Customer Experience
As the people are staying at their homes 24*7, they are consuming the digital information through various platforms at an extended length. Brands must focus on providing confidence to customers by providing them with the means to cope with the situation, furnishing the right information and going beyond the limits to help customers in these worrying times. Being empathetic and prioritizing customer experience will help your brand stand out and help you build a loyal customer base.Social Media giants like Facebook, Google, Microsoft, Twitter, LinkedIn, Reddit and YouTube have come together to help governments arrest the novel coronavirus with their technological and financial might, and also assist scientists in research to develop a cure. They also issued a joint statement to help combat fraud and misinformation. Enhance the experience of your customer by providing them with the support that they need in these worrying times by staying for them always through some of the best digital marketing in Gurgaon.
- Adjust your Marketing Campaigns and Plan your Content Timelines
Give a break to your current campaigns and create a campaign that is important for the situation. You can resume your campaign once the things begin to become usual. You should also keep an eye on the quarantine advisements in your geographic business areas, as every region is on a different timeline, so you can be proactive in your communication once things get back to normal. Create high-quality campaigns with some of the best PPC management companies in Gurgaon.
- Gauge your Image postings and Language
As you know, an image depicts 100 words, so it is important to think about messages that you want to convey as a brand. Keep in mind the following things: –
- a) Avoid visuals of crowd gathering or people touching
- b) Reframe marketing language that describes close interaction
- c) Show Empathy and Support your Followers in the worrying times
Some of the brands have played with their logo to show the idea of social distancing, For Example- McDonald’s. Consult some of the top digital marketing companies in Gurgaon to create high-quality content.
- Do not Leverage the Crisis
In these worrying times, it is important that you should not have any intentions to make profits out of your brand. Keep in mind the following:
- a) Keep People Informed: Brands do need to communicate in response to the crisis, as it pertains to their business. For example, you should communicate about the proactive measures you’re taking, store closures or policy updates related to COVID-19.
- b) Avoid bragging: Remember that many people are not working during this time and are genuinely worried. As a default, a spirit of humility and empathy should be a filter for anything your brand says in the near future.
- Show How Can Your Brand Help
As a brand, you should provide value during this worrying time. If you want to show your support or enhance the lives of people while being quarantined, tell how you can help. You can:
- a) Communicate your Benefits: Communicate what is the potential of your product/ service and how it can help in the crisis time
- b) Deliver Helpful Content: Even if your product doesn’t directly help folks deal with the quarantine, your brand can still provide value to people by entertaining, motivating and inspiring people.
No one can predict what’s next in the global pandemic and when will it come to an end. But, to survive and rise, we must stay sharp. The more value you can offer your customers right now, the more successful you’ll be as we shift to a new way of marketing and emerge from a global crisis that made our world a lot smaller.
For a piece of advice on brand communication strategies, consult some of the best digital marketing agencies in Gurgaon.