YouTube is a very powerful video search engine, and in the last 3 to 5 years, it has attained the position of one of the popular social media platforms that allows users to create and consume content at their will. With over 2 billion monthly users and an average person spending approximately 6 hours, it makes a great space and offers a humble opportunity for both brands and video creators to share their content or brand’s message or advertise their product or service on the platform.
Users try to make the most of this platform but they lack at a certain point to reach out to their target audience where they are unable to comprehend the concept of YouTube, that is- it is not just about posting content but how well you present your content in front of the audience. There are some of the best digital marketing agencies in Gurgaon which will help provide top-quality video production services.
Have you been able to guess what we are going to discuss today?
Today, we will be discussing how you can improve your YouTube rankings with the help of YouTube SEO and help you rank your content to number one position. If you want to make animated videos to engage your audience, you can consult some of the best animated video production companies. Let’s find out how you can win the YouTube game:
- Research for the keyword List: If you have started posting your videos on YouTube and are planning to work on your YouTube marketing, then the first step you should take is to create a list of focus keywords for each video as it will really help your rankings. All search engines work by matching the user’s search term with the most relevant results–and well, YouTube is no different!
- Post-Great Content on a Regular Basis: As you know, for a great promotion you need to create high-quality content. Brand managers need to think out of the box for curating standing out content and engaging the crowd. For high engagement, you need to publish content regularly. Skipping the regular posting schedule will hurt you and result in losing the subscribers. There are many creative video agencies which will help you in making the best videos for your business.
- Optimize the Title: Once you’ve got your keyword list, you can begin to use it to optimise your video in different ways to help you improve your YouTube ranking. One of the simplest ways to do this is to include the keyword in your title. As 500 hours of video are uploaded to YouTube every minute, keywords alone will not alone help you and you will need to give your SEO strategy the boost it requires. Your title needs to be compelling and should attract users to click on your video. A great way to do this is to promise something. Consult the high-quality video production services.
- Optimize the Description: You need to optimize the description of your videos by giving a little more in-depth description of your videos. YouTube recommends that you must put the most important keywords in your description. A unique optimised description like this allows YouTube to understand what your video is about and then put it in front of the right people. Do not forget to add your websites’ URLs to direct viewers to your site. Some of the best search engine optimization agencies in Gurgaon will help you with optimizing your videos for YouTube the right way.
- Include the Right Tags: A unique optimised description allows YouTube to understand what your video is about and then put it in front of the audience it is intended to be. YouTube also recommends to include its keywords in the ‘tags’ section. Feel free to add as many variations of your keywords and search terms as you can think of.
- Develop Longer Videos: Despite popular belief, longer videos actually outperform shorter ones when it comes to YouTube. YouTube actually uses total view duration as a ranking factor. The longer your videos are watched, the more engagement you are likely to gain and thus, the higher your ranking is likely to be. However, this doesn’t mean you should drag your videos unnecessarily.
- Create an Interesting Thumbnail: The video’s thumbnail image is more important than the title in terms of attracting the click from the YouTube searcher. Your videos are equipped with everything and may have the right SEO strategy, but if you have an unappealing thumbnail, the chances of people clicking on your content goes down a lot.Thumbnail gives the people a sense of what they are about to invest their time in. Remember to customize your thumbnail image with titles, graphics or even with some professional shots.
- Create Backlinks: Link building is a huge ranking factor for any piece of content, video included. If you know, Google counts the number of backlinks to help them determine how valuable your content is. Be it a blog or website, to increase the backlinks you need to post your videos in as many places as you can.You could also ask other websites in your niche to post your video on their site or write guest posts for them that include your video. The more backlinks you have, the better your YouTube SEO will be, and also your Google SEO. Reach out to The Marcom Avenue, one of the top 10 SEO agencies in Gurgaon for optimising your videos for YouTube.
- Spread your Videos through Social Media Platforms: Another way to rank your video on YouTube is by spreading the word about your video in as many different social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram and Twitter, and encourage people to share it too.
- Equip your Videos with Closed Captions: YouTube videos are able to support closed captions to benefit people with hearing difficulties. An added bonus of these captions is that they are crawled by YouTube and Google, so they can work to boost your SEO. Although YouTube can automatically caption your videos, but they are usually riddled with errors. To get your closed captions indexed and make them SEO-friendly, you need to edit the captions YouTube provides or upload your own. Consult the best digital marketing company if you want to gain traffic on YouTube.
YouTube is a competitive place to share your content because there are so many people who are continuously uploading their content. And while the competitiveness can be off-putting at times, you just need to remember that there are still many ways you can rank higher and improve your YouTube SEO to make your channel and your videos more lucrative for your business. You must also remember that it is not just one YouTube SEO tactic that will help you rank well, but an aggregation of all the tactics will lead you to your goal.
If you are struggling to come up with high-quality video content ideas, then you consult some of the top video production companies in Gurgaon.