It wasn’t until 2020 that COVID-19 became a factor of importance in the cosmetics and personal care industry. Personal care and beauty industry is one of those industries who has noticed a drastic decline during the lockdown period. While the governments are designing and regulating the policies to deal with the current situation at hand, industries are preparing and are looking at different sets of operational strategies to get back on their feet post-lockdown period.
Brands are also developing strategies to interact with their clients using innovative digital marketing services post coronavirus lockdown period. In order to connect and engage with customers, digital marketing strategies for beauty brands should be designed in a way that it innates customers’ desire to build strong connections with their favourite brands. As one of the best advertising agencies in Gurgaon, we researched on some of the techniques through which personal care and beauty brands can level up their business during and after COVID-19:
Let’s start first with strategies that will help during the crisis:
- Going Digital: The introduction of new age media platforms like digital platforms have become the need of the hour for communicating properly in situations like these, when the new normal is to practice social distancing. Almost all of the industries have noticed the digital transformation shift during the pandemic to engage with employees, customers and other stakeholders through Google Meet or Microsoft Teams or other video conferencing platforms.
Brands need to connect to customers through digital mediums as these platforms are the one and only choice available right now. Reach out to some of the top digital advertising agencies in India to plan, create or optimize your digital presence today or for the times to come.
- Keeping it Relevant: Due to the pandemic, all campaigns have been put to hold, and brands have been reaching out to people with more engaging and responsible outreach ideas wherever necessary and possible. As the economy is facing a downtime, marketing budgets and communications spends are being re-evaluated and all the branding strategies are being shifted to focus on health crises. You can share the facts and impacts caused by the pandemic, spreading social awareness, and assuring people in these tough times.
- Developing Relevant Content: Keeping in mind the situation, all the brand communication strategies today need to be effective, supportive and should not hurt customers’ intentions. From thought leadership, opinion pieces, and industry stories, to quotes, expectations, and participation across discussion, the brands, marketing companies, and media houses are working together to create content that is impactful and can drive positive action amidst the crisis. The focus of the content is no longer in driving the sales of a product or a service but more about creating a brand recall in the minds of the customer. Hire the best video production company for top quality video production services.
- Social Responsibility: Developing the best PR strategy to deal with the crisis is also gaining a lot of momentum these days. Communicating with the public through the best PR strategies will portray your brand as a responsible part of industry and will help you in driving brand engagement through relevant social responsibility activities like informing, educating, and encouraging action driven steps among masses towards the better good of the society.
Various brands are donating to the PM cares fund, sponsoring meals for daily wage workers and helping the front-line workers who are fighting the COVID-19 pandemic.
This is the time when brands need to be seen as socially, morally, and ethically responsible. Beauty brands as a strong community stand strong with the customers’ and support them by providing moral support through online channels. You can also connect with top 10 social media agencies in Gurgaon for best SMO services in Delhi NCR.
Now we will have a look at some of the strategies that brands should work on post COVID-19:
- Unleashing the Potential of Content Marketing: Content marketing is one of the most powerful marketing strategies when it comes to brand promotion. It is all about publishing relevant, valuable and engaging content to attract, acquire and engage your target audience. You can consider some of the content marketing ideas, such as DIY guides, going live on social media platforms, connecting with audiences in real-time and more.
Survey customers to get feedback and assess the effectiveness of your campaigns. You can do this via fun interactive content, like quizzes, which you can integrate as popups on your website, in native ad campaigns or via social media. Interview people from the natural beauty industry. Reach out to bloggers and influencers who are into beauty and cosmetics.
- Micro-Influencer Marketing – A Key to the Customers’ Heart: There’s a major shift occurring in the digital technologies and the influencer marketing industry. Customers want to interact with real people and relate with their everyday struggles. It is easy to gain the targeted audience by using famous influencers for your beauty brand. A person who knows how to build communities based on trust, loyalty and authenticity will win the attention of customers. Choosing the right influencer marketing agency in Gurgaon will make your brand famous among the targeted and non-targeted audience. Consult the best influencer marketing agency in Gurgaon.
- Social Listening is a Must for Improving Discoverability: Social listening is the practice of monitoring your brands’ online presence, by searching and analysing online conversations about your company, its products, competitors and more. By being active on social media platforms, you can engage with customers in real-time. As consumers increasingly spend more time searching for information about their beauty routines online.
Modern affluent consumers, especially Millennials and Gen Z shoppers, are influenced by and value the opinions of, the online community. With its shoppable features, Instagram is also emerging as a social network of choice for affluent beauty shoppers, bringing the point-of-sale right to the point-of-discovery.
- Building a Community to Build Brand Advocacy: This is one of the most important steps that brands can leverage. As it innates the inner desire of millennials to connect with the brands, to share their brand experience with others, and to become a part of the brand they resonate with. By building the brand community, you can inspire customers to share their feedback, beauty tips, special promotional offers, exclusive member-only offers within the groups. By leveraging this strategy, brands can use their customers to speak for the brand itself.
- Integrating Testimonials- Influencing Customers’ Decision-Making Process: Happy customers are the best marketing strategy. Nowadays people buy products based on the customer testimonials. A positive customer review influences and attracts your customers towards your product. Shorten your customers’ research process by handing them all the information and valuable links related to your product. Hire the top SEO services company in Delhi.
- Innovating Personalised Beauty at a Large Scale: With the introduction of data and technologies- such as Artificial Intelligence and Augmented Reality, algorithms, apps and scanners, you can offer consumers an unmatched level of product personalisation according to their skin types and their personal needs. It lessens the need of customers’ visiting the store and is especially relevant to today’s time as people will stay safe following the norm of social distancing has become important after the pandemic has taken a toll over the people’ health.
In the highly competitive beauty and cosmetics market, simply owning a natural beauty brand with great products is not enough. You’ll have to work hard to tell your unique story and to make sure the right audience is exposed to it.