As COVID-19 has disrupted every aspect of people’s lives, businesses and brands are turning to digital technologies and analytics to prepare for the new ways of operating and serving customers once we reach the other side.
People are shutting in and businesses are shutting off in response to the pandemic. COVID-19 has sparked a sudden economic shift from physical to digital. This is true both for interactions with consumers (online marketing and sales channels, digital products) and the way companies operate (remote working). Seen as the New Normal, COVID-19 has led to some unavoidable transformations across many industries, and so many business leaders are pondering to leverage digital technology and data proactively to prepare their organisations for the time today and future.
As the best digital marketing company in Delhi NCR, we decided to do some research and identify some of the critical areas where business leaders must re-define their digital roadmap to put themselves in a stronger position for the long term:
- Increasing Productivity and Build Work from Home Infrastructure: As people are confined to their homes due to sudden lockdowns, working from homes have become a necessity and a non-negotiable business reality. Solutions for connectivity, security, risk management and collaboration have existed, but recent lockdowns have pushed everyone towards immediate adoption of technology. Enterprises need to work on building a strong work from home system with social distancing remaining mandatory in various places such as offices, temples, hospitals for a few months. Some of the top digital marketing companies in Delhi and NCR are fluently working from home to cater to their clients and are happily spending time with families.
- Human-Centric Supply Chains: Due to the global lockdown, manufacturing and supply chains have been affected badly. Blocked inventory is as harmful to our economy as thrombosis is to a person’s health. Businesses need to leverage technologies such as Artificial Intelligence and blockchain which will enable their supply chains to take off and respond within seconds.
- Change in Ways of Working: Ways of working will extend beyond hierarchies and boundaries. An agile mindset will remain most effective and integral, and taking advantage of autonomy and alignment in business areas beyond product development and software engineering will help. For example, the concepts of small teams, virtual stand ups, rapid problem solving, intelligent automation and metrics-based decision making will become increasingly relevant to sales, marketing, distribution, customer service, finance and HR.
- Enhancing Customer Relationships through Digital Experiences: With many people quarantined in their homes, digital experiences matter more than ever. Leading companies will identify the ones that matter most and improve upon them to build new and stronger customer relationships. There will be massive shifts to online marketing, sales and communication channels in sectors such as insurance, banking and healthcare. Business leaders will make rapid improvements to receive their payments through digital channels. Reach out to some of the best social media management in Delhi NCR to help enhance customer relationships with the best SMO services in Delhi.
- Be Prepared for the Future by Investing in Technology: The future survival of the businesses increasingly demands radical change in business practices and procedures. These changes are primarily driven by the millennial generation and the digital customers, as digital transformation is redefining businesses. Organisations must reinvent to serve the digital customer on the move, or accept being forgotten. To achieve this transformation, firms will need to harness innovation and develop a collaborative work environment, build a test-and-learn approach, and have mechanisms to challenge ideas. Successful digital transformations require strong leadership, alignment between IT and business units, and a culture that celebrates risk taking and rapid action.
- Support the Agile and Distributed Workforce: Businesses are building new ways of working for their distributed teams that reduce costs and enable their businesses to move faster. This includes deploying of digital tools that go beyond video conferencing to enhance the operations of organization, i.e., planning, collaborating, innovating, and executing. As a result, these new ways of working already have many businesses feeling more, not less, efficient. Hire the best SEO service provider in Delhi.
- Speed Up Your Automation Processes: It is advisable to automate your work processes as soon as possible as they simplify the overall processes and will enable the use of data to determine critical areas of investment. It is important to focus on the processes of highest value and urgency where automation is required urgently and can be deployed quickly.
Businesses who were not prepared for digital transformation have to speed up their process to adopt technologies to operate in times of crisis. Businesses who have taken the proactive steps in these seven areas can increase their organization’s resilience, deepen customer relationships and emerge better prepared for the future. Reach out to The Marcom Avenue, one of the top 10 digital agencies in Gurgaon for advice on how to transform your business digitally.