Pay per click marketing presents a significant opportunity for digital marketers to grow their traffic and conversion metrics. It is also called as search engine marketing and involves paying for advertising placement on search engines, advertising networks, and other websites. The idea of Pay Per Click can be counted from the famous proverb “you get what you pay for”. The advertiser only pays when a user clicks on the PPC advertising which eventually lands them on the advertiser’s website. As already mentioned, you only pay when a user clicks your ad therefore, conversions are considered as the true success metrics of Pay Per Click marketing. Conversion occurs when a user completes an action as desired by you like filling out a lead form or making a phone call. Thus, it is a very powerful marketing tool that has the ability to boost your business and increase your potential customers.
To make Pay Per Click marketing reach its full potential, 5 essential components (stated below) must be incorporated into it:
1. Keyword Selection:- For running a pay-per-click marketing campaign, keyword selection is the most crucial step in refining your content for reaching the target customers. By choosing the keywords most relevant to your business, you increase your chances of connecting with the users who are searching for the products or services promoted in your PPC advertising placement. For the best keyword selection, you could take help from any digital PR agency providing SEO services.
2. Keyword Bidding:- The selection of keywords for the advertising campaign must be followed by bidding those keywords in your advertisement. In general, the higher the bid, the higher your PPC advertising will rank. Bidding of keywords must be done according to the keyword competition and your pay-per-click marketing budget.
3. Targeted Copy:- Remember quality is always better than quantity. Thus, when your copy addresses a targeted audience, the result is likely to be a decrease in the number of clicks but an increase in the quality. This will further keep your pay-per-click advertising budget on track as click costs will go down while conversions by more qualified visitors will go up. For making a targeted copy make sure your advertisement specifies what action you want your targeted qualified users to take when they reach your site like download a file or buy a product.
4. Landing Pages:- A Landing page is the most important component of PPC marketing. Customized pay-per-click landing pages gives customers what they need without the hassle of going through your home page. Therefore, when customers arrive at a landing page that supports the specific content of your advertisement, their confidence in your product boosts which eventually leads to increased sales conversion and returns on investment for your pay-per-click marketing campaign.
5. Website Analysis:- Website analysis is useful for monitoring the activities of the users who arrive at your website after a click-through. This analysis helps to identify problem areas and resolve issues that may be causing you to lose pay-per-click conversions.
Pay-per-click advertising strategy surely boosts your sales and business by helping you with targeting and connecting with target audiences. By embedding the above-mentioned 5 five components in your PPC marketing strategy you can avail of the full benefits of this fantastic marketing tool.
About the Author:
Manmeet Singh is a curious soul who wanders aimlessly to explore new places, people, food and traditions. He is always high on books and can kill time without hurting eternity. Story weaving is consistent in his head and nowadays his words are rescued at The Marcom Avenue where he is working as a Content Writer.